Zesty Salmon & Brown Rice Salad
(3-4 servings. Can be stored in refrigerator for lunch across a few days)
- You Will Need;
- 200g Brown Rice
- Small bunch finely sliced coriander
- 150g Sweetcorn
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lime
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1 Red Chilli Diced
- 1 Diced Cucumber
- 5 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice; when cooked drain & cool under cold running water and put aside
- Microwave salmon for around 3mins on high heat or until cooked through. Let cool & remove skin. Once skin is removed flake the salmon with a fork.
- Fold cucumber, coriander, sweetcorn and salmon into rice. In a separate bowl, mix lime zest, lime juice, red chilli and soy sauce. Pour over before serving.
Avocado Pasta Salad
Ingredients for Salad; 1 Avocado diced, 8oz Bow-Tie Pasta, 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes, 8 slices of crisply cooked and crumbled bacon, 1 green onion diced, 2 tbsp chopped coriander, 1 tsp lime juice
Ingredients for dressing; 1 ripe avocado, 1/2 fresh lime juice, 1/4 cup chopped coriander, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 cup buttermilk, salt & pepper to personal taste.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Cook pasta as suggested on packaging - Then drain and run under cold water and put aside. Put avocado and lime juice into a large bowl. Add all ingredients into bowl and toss together. Add dressing and toss some more.
- Refrigerate for 30-60mins for best taste; but ready to eat straight away.
Chicken (or Turkey) Satay Salad
(up to 2 portions; chicken breast will need to marinade at least 1 hour)
You will need;
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 grated garlic clove
- Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 2 little gem lettuce hearts (cut into wedges)
- 2 skinless chicken/turkey breast fillets
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- handful chopped coriander
- small handful pomegranate seeds
- Pour tamari, curry powder, cumin, garlic & honey in large bowl. Mix well. Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally making 4 fillets. Smother them in the marinade. Set aside in fridge for minimum 1 hour.
- Mix peanut butter with sweet chilli, lime juice and 1 tbsp of water and mix. When chicken is marinaded wipe large non stick pan with oil. Add chicken & cook with lid covered for 5-6mins on medium heat. Turn chicken over for the last minute - make sure it's cooked through but still moist. Set aside whild still covered to rest for a few mins.
- Whilst chicken rests, toss lettuse wedges, cucumber, coriander and pomegranate together. Evenly distribute. Spoon over drizzle of sauce. Slice chicken and place on salad. Spoon over the remaining sauce. Can be eaten warm or cold.
Brown Rice Stir Fry with Coriander Omelette
(up to 4 portions - meal prep for a week suggestion)
- You will need;
- 200g brown rice
- 2 carrots sliced into sticks
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 finely sliced pepper
- thumb sized ginger grated
- 3 eggs beaten with a dash of milk
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- handful of chopped coriander
- 1 bunch finely sliced spring onions
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 50g shiitake mushrooms diced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cook rice, drain and put aside. Heat 2tsp of oil in a wok. Add ginger, garlic and fry for 1 min. Tip in the vegetables and stir fry over high heat for 3-4mins.
- Meanwhile mix eggs with coriander & seasoning(leaving a dash for garnish). Heat small non stick pan with oil and add egg. Allow to cook over until almost set and flip. Tip ommelete onto board and cut into strips.
- Add drained cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and chilli jam to the stir fry mix and stir through. Divide portions and top with omelette strips, couple of coriander leaves and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Spicy Couscous Salad
Ingredients; 100g couscous, 220g can of rinsed & drained chickpeas, 100ml hot chicken stock, zest & juice of 1 lemon, 1 chopped & roasted pepper, 25g flaked toasted almonds(optional), handful chopped mint leaves, 2tbsp natural greek yoghurt, harissa (hot chilli pepper paste)
- Tip couscous & chickpeas into a bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover & leave for 5-10mins until stock is absorbed by couscous. Allow to cool for a little. Toss through lemon zest & juice, pepper, almonds and mint . Spoon into container/plate and top with yoghurt & a drizzle of harissa.